News and Reviews
39th Annual Conference of the British Society of Gerontology, 6th-8th July 2010, Brunel University, West London
July is approaching fast and we would like to invite you to this year’s annual conference of the BSG, hosted by Brunel University London.
We have an exciting, varied and stimulating academic programme and various pre and post conference seminars and workshops which will be of interest to early career researchers as well as established ageing researchers and experts in the field. For more information please visithttp://www.bsg2010brunel.org.uk/programme.html and do not forget to regiser for these events as well as the conference itself!
Our deadline for the early bird rates has now passed but we encourage you to register soon for either the whole conference or individual days athttp://www.bsg2010brunel.org.uk/registration.html If you are not a member of BSG yet you may also want to consider joining the Society athttp://www.britishgerontology.org/registration.asp?update=true as you will save yourself a considerable amount of money with our member registration rate discounts as well as enjoying many other benefits of belonging to our society.
The conference also offers an exciting social programme with various interesting networking opportunities such as
- A BBQ followed by a pub style quiz (with prizes)
- Conference dinner (with provision for your specific dietary requirements)
- Networking opportunities and welcome meetings for students and those new to BSG
- Wine reception to celebrate 30 years of Ageing and Society
- For football fans following the World Cup- adjoining the dining facilities is a ‘sports bar’ with big screen TV
- Access to the internet through networked computers in close proximity to the concurrent sessions
- Lunchtime meeting opportunities
- Late bar
We hope to be able to welcome you all at the conference!