International Relations Group
The British Society of Gerontology recognises how important the international stage is in achieving its aims. The International Relations Group is tasked with ensuring that all opportunities to develop links and raise the visibility of BSG abroad are taken. In its first year the group plans to focus its work predominantly on Europe whilst ensuring that established links with the US, Canada and Australia are built upon.
Specifically the group aims to:
- Build up a database of members’ international links
- Ensure that information about international events and conferences, especially in Europe, is on the BSG website
- Support the promotion of the work of BSG at international events
- Showcase work with international colleagues in Generations Review or BSG website
- Encourage the development of research and other collaborations between BSG members and international colleagues
- Using case study examples, highlight past sources of funding for international collaborations and build up a database of potential funding sources for this work
To contact the group please email the Chair Alisoun Milne on firstname.lastname@example.org
. Other group members are Suzanne Moffatt, Mary-Pat Sullivan and Sarah Hillcoat-Nalletamby.